Secondary Performance Measures
Performance measures in Secondary education focus on the progress made by students from their Key Stage 2 assessments, taken at the end of Primary School, to their outcomes at GCSE at the end of Key Stage 4, in Year 11.
The following measures are provided for all schools nationally:
- Progress 8
- Attainment 8
- Grade 5 or above in English & maths GCSEs
- EBacc Average Point Score
- EBacc Entry
- Staying in Education or entering employment
Further Information on Secondary accountability measures and how they are calculated can be found here.
Performance Measures for Hadlow Rural Community School
It is contextually important to highlight that the Land-based courses accessed at HRCS, whilst nationally recognised by industry, and counting in equal weighting for students the same as any other GCSE course, are not included within the school’s performance measures.
This effectively results in the Secondary performance measures being calculated without Land-based courses being included. i.e. reduced by two GCSE courses compared to other schools.
On average, the inclusion of these courses can increase the overall outcomes from between 0.4 to 0.6 of a grade across the whole school. Therefore, please bear this in mind when reviewing and comparing the National Performance data for schools.
The following links will provide more detail on the School’s examination results.
- Examination Results 2014-15
- Examination Results 2015-16
- Examination Results 2017-18
- Examination Results 2018-19
- Examination Results 2021-22
National Performance Data for HRCS and all other schools can be found on the GOV.UK website here.
When comparing Progress 8 scores with other schools in Kent, HRCS would be ranked as follows:
- All Kent Schools: Top 22% (25/115)
- Non-Selective Kent Schools: Top 8% (7/84)
- Like for Like (based on KS2 Entry) Top 5% (1/22)